This is the list of things to get for your ‘sleep kit’ this week:
- **Blackout curtains-**these have a thick layer backing and do not let any light through. They should cover the entire window and edges completely. These can be found online and in most home furnishing stores in different patterns or colours.
- Blackout blind-this is normally a pull-down blind that does not allow light through and combined with black out curtains, creates a completely dark room. These can be found inexpensively for all window sizes on amazon:
- Eye mask-for total blackout, or one made from all natural silk fibres (more expensive but often more comfortable)
- white noise machine-can find for under 20 pounds on Amazon OR
- ‘White Noise’ app on phone– most of these are free, you can download app so you can set phone to airplane mode so you don’t get mid-night phone alerts
- earplugs-flare audio or 38 dec soft ones on Amazon.
**blue blocking dark orange glasses-**these should be dark orange if possible to block the most blue light. The clear or very light yellow ones don’t block enough blue light.
here are some suggestions:
**aromatherapy diffuser-**these can be found online cheaply and pure aromatherapy essential oils purchased to be used inside of them. Lavender and chamomile are calming ones to try. Many come with coloured lights, make sure the light settings are turned to ‘off’ so it does not create light in the bedroom.